Battery Pack Auto Test System Model 8700
- Specifically designed for battery production line, or battery development testing.
- The application range of this system includes battery modules for electric vehicles, motor vehicles, and power storage systems.
- Increases QA efficiency by up to 80%
- Inspection of BMS functions, connector withstand voltage, consistency, and performance of battery module.
- Charge/discharge power range: 5kW ~ 350kW.
- Charge/discharge voltage range: 0V~900V.
- Charge/discharge current range: 0A~1000A.
- Standard test items include insulation resistance, electricity, software/communication, and battery performance testing.
- Able to create the fixture to connect the customized battery module with automated switch control
- The control system is easy to use open software platform that can support shop floor control could integrate with Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
In order to increase testing coverage and the efficiency of the power storage battery industry, Chroma ATE has developed an automated inspection system that can be applied to the EOL (End Of Line) of battery packs production for testing the assembly defects, Battery Management System (BMS) communication, internal power switches, battery balancing circuits/consistency, and temperature distribution, etc. before battery packs are shipped out of the factory.
The comprehensive PASS/FAIL tests can not only be used in production lines, but may also be used in a development phase nearing completion or used during battery pack acceptance inspection for EV or energy storage station.
Standard function test items:
- Isolation Test:
- Terminal(HV+, HV-) insulation resistance
- Ground isolation
- Shield impedance
- Hi-Pot test
- Electrical Test:
- HV interlock fuction test
- Max. and Min Voltage/Temperature range test
- CAN Communication Test:
- Cell and Pack voltage/Temperature
- Contactor characterization
- Diagnostic trouble and fault mode test
- Performance Test:
- Standard charge/discharge capacity test
- Drive profile cycle test
- DCIR / OCV test
Customized fixture to connect different spec. of battery module with automated switch control
(A) The fixture for battery pack and auto testing system.
(B) Control digital I/O card + trigger signal to switch fixture on/off or alarm.