Regenerative Battery Pack Test System Model 17020
- Regenerative battery energy discharge, efficiency 85%
- Energy saving
- Environment protection
- Low heat generate
- Channels paralleled for higher currents
- Charge/discharge modes (CC, CV, CP)
- Power Range: 600W, 1.25KW, 2.5KW, 5KW, 10KW, 20kW, 30kW, 50kW, 60KW per channel
- Voltage Range: 20V, 60V, 100V, 200V, 500V per channel
- Current Range: up to 2600A (parallel)
- Driving cycle simulation
- High precision measurement
- Fast current conversion
- Smooth current without over shoot
- Test data analysis function
- Data recovery protection (after power failure)
- Independent protection of multi-channel
- BMS data recording
- Thermal chamber control integration
- EV battery module
- Electric scooter
- Electric bike
- Energy storage battery
- Power tools
- Car battery
- Lead-acid battery
Chroma's 17020 is a high precision system specifically designed for secondary battery modules and pack tests. Accurate sources and measurements ensure the test quality that is suitable to perform repetitive and reliable tests that are crucial for battery modules / packs, for both incoming or outgoing inspections as well as capacity, performance, production and qualification testing.
Chroma's 17020 system architecture offers regenerative discharge designed to recycle the electric energy sourced by the battery module ei ther back to the channel s in the sys tem performing a charging function or to the utility mains in the most energy efficient manner. This feature saves electricity, reduces the facilities thermal foot print and provides a green solution by reducing the environmental impact on our planet.
Chroma's 17020 system is equipped with multiple independent channels to support dedicated charge / discharge tests, on multiple battery modules / packs, each with discrete test characteristics. The channels can easily be paralleled to support higher current requirements. This feature provides the ultimate flexibility between high channel count and high current testing.
Advanced hardware design can create seamless transitions between maximum charge and maximum discharge (or maximum discharge and maximum charge) with a rapid 50 ms conversion. This feature allows for charge/discharge modes simulating real world scenarios.
Chroma's 17020 system has flexible programming functions and may be operated with Chroma's powerful Battery Pro software. Battery Pro utilizes the system to create cycling tests from basic charge or discharge to complex drive cycle testing for each channel or channel groups. A thermal chamber control can be integrated into a profile and triggered by time or test results yielding a dynamic profile. Battery Pro's features allows quick and intuitive test development to eliminate the need of tedious scripting or programming by a software engineer.
There are multiple safety features including Battery Polarity Check, Over Voltage Protection, Over Current Protection check and Over Temperature Protection to ensure protected charge / discharge testing. In the unlikely event of power or computer communication loss, the data is securely stored in the system, on a non-volatile memory, protecting against potential data loss and allowing for continuous flow after restart.
- Regenerative battery energy discharge
-Direct recycle back to the battery unber charging
-Regenerate to grid
- Low heat output
- Reduce air-conditioner power consumption
- The THD of 17020 system is under 5% at rated power
- The PF is over 0.9 at rated power
- Return to factory directly
- Supports various capacity batteries by paralleling
- The system supports different capacity batteries from a base system configuration
- Battery companies have various capacity configurations. Some customers may purchase a high power system to test all capacity battery packs. The downside is that measurements accuracy are not
DRIVING CYCLE SIMULATION
Driving cycle simulation
The battery pack always is used at quick and un-regular current condition. The system simulates the real condition on battery pack by working condition simulator.
- Import dynamic charge/discharge power or current waveforms to simulate the DRIVE CYCLE or the actual application.
- Support Excel (xls) format
- There are 720,000 points of driving profile memory to save the waveform profile in each channel.
- Minimum Δt：10ms
High accuracy capacity calculation
Voltage/current sampling rate of 50kHz used for calculations of capacity ratings in dynamic waveform mode.
- V/I sampling rate : 50KHz
Minimum data acquisition: 10ms
- Integrate calculus :
For I : Capacity
For V x I : Energy
Independent battery connections
Data Recovery Function
The 17020 Test system is specifically designed to meet the various requirements for testing secondary battery packs with high safety and stability. Charge and discharge protection aborts tests when abnormal conditions are detected. Data loss, storage and recovery are protected against power failure.
- Real-time multi channel battery pack status browse
- Icon Manager: Test status of each channel is managed through different icons, easy to read and understand.
- Authority management: It sets the user's authority for operation.
- Fault record tracking: It records the abnormal state of each channel independently.
- 255 charge/discharge conditions
- Sets dual layer loops (cycle & loop) with 9999 loops per layer
- Able to edit dynamic charge/discharge waveform with 10ms current switching speed
- Testing Step: CV／CC／CP／CC-CV／Waveform current／DCIR)
- Cut-off conditions
(time, current, capacity, cut-off voltage, cut-off current, etc.)
- Next Step: Next／End／Jump／Rest
- Generate the detailed report and step report
- Customized report format
- Exports test reports in PDF, CSV and XLS
- Graphical report function
- Report analysis Function: Users can create customized reports such as life-cycle report, Q (AH)-V(V) report, V(V)/I(A)/T( ℃)-time report⋯etc through the user-defined X and Y axis parameters.
- Real-time browsing test reports of each channel
- Diversified reports & charts: Real-time report, Cut-off report, X-Y scatter chart report
- BMS communication interface：Collect the BMS data to controls the charge/ discharge profile and protection setting.
- Data logger： Collect the data logger to controls the charge/ discharge profile and protection setting.
- Thermal Chambers：It synchronize temperature control with charge/discharge profile.
What CHROMA data loggers see,
constant rate each channel
Sample rate per channel = constant
FLEXIBLE SYSTEM CONFIGURATION
17020 Regenerative Battery Pack Test System can be configured to specified requirements and expandable to 60 channels. 1.Battery Charge/Discharge Controller : Model 69200-1 2.DC/AC Bi-directional Converter : Model A691101 3.Regenerative Charge/Discharge Tester : Model 69200 series 4.TEC Controller/Data logger (option): Model 51101-64
- Support B, E, J, K, N, R, S, and T type thermal couples with ITS-90 defined temperature range
- Individual channel cold junction compensation withTemperature resolution up to 0.01°C,error down to (0.01% of reading+0.3°C)
- Voltage full range ±10VDC;resolution 10uV;error down to 0.015% of reading+100uV
- No matter how many channels are active, the data rate can be as fast as 5 samples per second per channel.