Switching Power Supply ATS Model 8000
- Open architecture software
- Expandable hardware support
- Support GPIB instruments & RS232orRS485/I²C/CAN BUS interface
- User editable test iteam
- User editable test programs
- User editable report format
- Statistic report
- On-Line control function
- User authority control
- Release control
- Activity log
- Master/Slave control mode
- Multi-UUT test capability for single-output PSU
- Support barcode reader
- Support shop-floor control
- Remote monitoring via internet
- Test command optimizer helps to improve test speed
- Capable of coding for any power supply testing applications
- Comprehensive hardware modules provide high accuracy and repetitive measurements
- High test throughput by system default test items
- Microsoft word based evaluation report or UUT characterization
- Cost effective
- Other hardware expandable upon request
- Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/7 or higher based software
The Chroma Power Supply Automatic Test system Model 8000 is the ultimate solution for power electronic testing. The system includes a wide range of hardware choice such as AC/DC Sources, Electronic Loads, DMM, Oscillate Scope, Noise Analyzer and Short /OVP Tester. This flexibility combined with its open architecture software platform-PowerPro III, gives users a flexible, powerful and cost effective test system for almost all types of power supply testing.
The 8000 test system uses a unique test command optimization technology to prevent repetitive control commands from being sent to the system hardware devices. This improve test speed dramatically and makes the Chroma 8000 an ideal choice for both high speed production applications as well as design verification.
The 8000 test system includes a sophisticated test executive which includes pre-written test items covering almost all industry standard power supply tests. User may also create new test items by using a special test item editing function. This gives users the capability to expand the test library unlimitedly.
PowerPro III also includes power ful report, statistic and management functions, making the s ys tem capable to generate var ious tes t document s and per forming s ys tem administration. Because the test and statistical repor ts are critically impor tant in modern factories for R/D evaluation, QA verification and production tests, these functions are an integral part of the system.
Working under Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/7 the model 8000 provides test engineers with a dedicated power supply test system in an easy-to-learn Windows environment and allow access to resources provided by Windows.
Comprehensive Test Items
The Model 8000 automatic power supply test system comes standard with an off-the-shelf test item library covering most industry standard power supply tests. Unlike traditional ATE software, users do not need to have programming language background to create new test items. Instead the Model 8000 allow users to use pre-compiled test items and to simplify defining test conditions and specifications.
The comprehensive test items cover 7 categories of power supply testing requirements. OUTPUT PERFORMANCE checks the general performances of the UUT. INPUT CHARACTERISTIC verifies the input parameters of a power supply. REGULATION tests the stability of the UUT under varying linein and loading changes. TIMING AND TRANSIENT measures the transient state during turn-on, turn-off or when events occurred. PROTECTION TESTS triggers the protection circuit of the power supply. Finally, the SPECIAL TEST and the SPECIAL FEATURES provides means to test the most sophisticated power supplies when unique test routines are needed.
1. Electronic Load : Model 6310A / 6330A / 63200 / 63600 series
2. Timing / Noise Analyzer : Model 80611
3. DC Power Source : Model 62000P / 62000H series
4. Digital Storage Oscilloscope : TDS-3000/TDS-5000/TDS-7000 series ; Other types or brands of DSO supported upon request
5. Relay Multiplexer Box : Model A800043
6. Digital Multi-Meter : Chroma 12061; Agilent - 34401A ; Other types or brand of DMM supported upon request
7. Power Analyzer / Meter : Model 6633 Power Analyzer ; Model 66200 series Digital Power Meter
8. System Controller : Industrial PC
9. Short Circuit / OVP Tester : Model 80612
10. ON / OFF Controller : Model 80613
11. AC Source : Model 6400 / 6500 / 61500 / 61600 / 61700 series
12. Breaker : 30A / 60A selectable with emergency stop control
13. EMI Filter : 30A
14. System Power Inlet : 1Ø 3W / 30A, 60A selectable
* Other devices supported upon request
Software Platform of ATS
The Model 8000 Test Systems include the industries most sophisticated power supply testing software platform, PowerPro III. PowerPro III provides users with an open software architecture suited for a wide range of applications and devices.
Power Pro III is a Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/7 environment, which provides necessary computer peripherals.
Chroma 8000 Application:
Telecom Power Supply Testing
For the Switching Mode Rectifier or Telecom Power Supply Testing, it should build in other special instruments just like :
RF Voltmeter :
It offers measurement with high-input impedance, excellent stability and low noise. It measures the wide band noise of SMR at different frequency.
Transmission Impairment measurement Set :
It offers testing of voice-grade data circuits and metallic digital circuits. It measures the output voltage voice and noise of SMR.
DC to DC Converter Testing
Special Design Test Items (Load Fault Power Dissipation Test, Switching Frequency Test, Synchnization Frequency Test)
Create Standard Test Fixture Platform (Receiver)
Photovoltaic Inverter Testing
The Chroma 8000 ATS is equipped with optimized standard test items for PV inverters (the Unit Under Test), It meets IEEE1547, 1547.1, UL1741, GB/T 19939, CGC/GF004 preliminary test requirements. The user is only required to define the test conditions and specifications for the standard test items to perform the test. (More Details)
EV Power Electronics Testing
- OBC/DC-DC Converter ATS
For EV On-Board Charger and DC-DC Converter of different UUT characteristics, integrated connecting panel and exclusive test items including basic electrical characteristics and communication protocol test items are provided to shorten the test time greatly. (More Details)
- HCU/DC-DC Converter ATS
It is a customized system based on Chroma 8000 ATS specializing in verification of EV Hybrid Control Unit and DC-DC Converter. (More Details)
- EVSE ATS
It is a customized system based on Chroma 8000 ATS specializing in verification of EV Supply Equipment (EVSE) and complying with SAE-J1772 in programming the test items for operation. (More Details)