Video Pattern Generator Model 2234
- Support multimedia audio / video play formats
- Support up to 1080p high definition resolution
- Multi ports independent output test application
- HDMI port output x 3
- DisplayPort output x 2
- SCART port x 2 (output x 1 / input x 1)
- DisplayPort V1.1a pixel rate 270MHz
- DisplayPort supports HDCP V1.3
- Support automatically & manually setting for DisplayPort function
- 2 Link rate (1.62 / 2.7Gbps) selectable
- 1, 2, 4 Video lane selectable
- 0 / 3.5 / 6 / 9.5dB pre-emphasis selectable
- 400 / 600 / 800 / 1200mV swing level selectable
- Support HDMI V1.3C (with 24, 30, 36bit color depth / xvYCC / CEC / Lip Sync)
- Support dual HDCP in DVI test application
- HDCP supports auto / manual mode
- HDMI and DisplayPort multiplexer function or switching for independent output
- HDCP ON/OFF in DVI, HDMI & DisplayPort interface
- Y, Pb, Pr / Y, Cb, Cr / Y, R-Y, B-Y output
- S-Video / CVBS / SCART / RGB / Color Component / D-terminal
- NTSC / PAL / SECAM signals
- EDID read / write / compare
- Optical / coaxial audio input (SPDIF)
- Scrolling pattern support
- Built-in China HD standard test patterns
- HDMI / DVI hot plug function
In order to perform motion pictures on the displays nowadays, the 2234 Video Pattern Generator has integrated the Multi-Media playback technology to provide versatile motion pictures for display quality evaluation test. It has high resolution test quality and multiple outputs support that can meet the requirements for multimedia video tests such as LCD Monitor / LCD TV / PDP / Projector of today and in the future.
This Video Pattern Generator provides both analog and digital signals, also supports multiple ports for independent output test and multimedia audio/video formats for play application. For the digital signal, the pixel rate of TMDS output is up to 330MHz and the test screen resolution is able to support beyond WQUXGA. Moreover, to cope with the higher frequency signal test for DVI Dual HDCP tests, it also supports dual link DVI test application.
Chroma 2234 has built in the up to date high resolution multimedia digital video transmission interface, HDMI V1.3, to provide high speed bandwidth and color depth. It supports 24, 30, 36 bits (RGB or YCbCr) and new color standard xvYCC along with sYCC, Adobe RGB, and Adobe YCC(CEA-861E) to implement the real natural colors and high resolution images.
DisplayPort is the state-of-the-art video output interface defined by VESA. The signal transmission is mainly composed of main channel, AUX CH and hot plug (HPD) 3 types of signals. The main channel is formed by 4 lanes (1, 2, 4 Lane) and each lane can support 2.7Gbps or 1.62Gbps transmission rate. Up to 10.8Gbps can be transmitted by 4 lanes. Chroma 2234 supports the DisplayPort standard formats with the following key features:
DPCD (DisplayPort Configuration Data) is the main function of DisplayPort that acted as a communication bridge between source and sink. Chroma 2234 is able to adjust the parameters such as Lane, Main link rate and etc. automatically or manually after connection. As the signal attenuation may occur during long distance transmission for DisplayPort, the Pre-emphasis and Swing voltage can also be adjusted.
In addition Chroma 2234 supports SSC (Spread Spectrum Clock, the technology to eliminate EMI) test that can significantly reduce the EMI problems occurred among displays and components, and simplify the product design.
For the application of multiple tests, Chroma 2234 supports a variety of audio/video and pattern file formats for play with the resolution up to 1080p. Meanwhile, to fulfill the test application for multi ports output, 3 HDMI and 2 DisplayPorts of which the output settings can be executed separately have been built in to reduce a great deal of test time and finish the tests in the fastest way possible.
For operation, Chroma 2234 has adopted full color graphic interface and built in memory for storage with the diversified special test patterns like xvYCC, HDCP&E-EDID, 8/10/12bit deep color, CEC, Lipsync and China high definition test patterns embedded for use. Tests can be performed easily and rapidly to save the time and control the cost.
A remote controller (optional) can be used to replace the direct panel editing for flexible practice in a large test area. It is suitable for mass application in the production line. In addition, various timing parameters and test patterns can be edited via the VPG Master application on PC site. The easy operating interface and complete test functions of Chroma 2234 are applicable for all video and related industries in R&D, production test and quality assurance