Digital Power Meter Model 66201/66202
- Voltage Range : 150/300/500 Vrms
- Current Range :
Model 66201 - 0.01/0.1/0.4/2 Arms
Model 66202 - 0.01/0.1/0.4/2 Arms ; 0.2/2/8/20 Arms
- Frequency Range : DC, 15Hz~10kHz
- Embedded high speed DSP, 16 bits Analog/Digital converters
- 10 mA minimum current range & 0.1mW power resolution
- Meets ENERGY STAR / EN 50564:2011/IEC 62301:2011 / ErP measurement requirements
- Accumulated energy methods for unstable power measurement
- User-define criteria provides automatic PASS/FAIL indications
- Half rack width and 2U height, suitable for system integration
- Dual current shunt design provides high accuracy over a wide current range (Model 66202)
- THD and user-specify order distortion measurement (Model 66202)
- Inrush current and energy measurement (Model 66202)
- Interface options : USB or USB+GPIB
- Voltage/ Current harmonics measurement up to 50 orders
Chroma 66202 Power Meter meets EN 50564:2011/IEC 62301:2011 requirement for power measurement
EN 50564:2011 (derived from IEC 62301:2011) is the latest standard for defining requirements for the measurement of low power consumption for electrical and electronics household and office equipment. Chroma 66202 Power Meter is capable of meeting EN 50564:2011 requirements for power measurement instrument in accordance to section B.2.1 regarding instruments for power measurements. In addition to that, Chroma 66202 Power Meter is also capable of meeting the power measurement uncertainty requirements stated in section 4.4.1 as the power meter has verified by KEMA in accordance to IEC 62301:2005, and with the newly confirmed power measurement accuracy specification 0.1% of reading + 0.05% of range (for 300V x 100mA range), the power uncertainty contributed by 66202 Power Meter is less than the absolute power uncertainty 0.02W. The new standard has included interpretation, calculation and implementation methods for analyzing the measured power and the analyzing process is complex and time consuming. In order to resolve this, the 66202 Power Meter Softpanel has included the required data analysis feature and provide users with easy to use interface to carry out the standby power measurement according to the international standard. The Softpanel measures and provides test report feature for recording all the key parameters such as Total Harmonics Distortion (THD), waveform crest factor, voltage, current, frequency, active power, apparent power, power factor, etc.
Chroma's 66200 Series Digital Power Meter is designed for single-phase measurements of AC power signals and related parameters common to most electronic products. Instead of traditional analog measurement circuits, the 66200 uses state-of-the-art DSP digitizing technology. The internal 16 bits analog/digital converters with sampling rates of up to 240kHz provide both high speed and high accuracy measurements which is unprecedented within the industry for this class of power meters current on the market.
The instruments include a four part display with 7-segment LED front panel readouts. Users can easily select desired parameters and readouts at a touch of a button. Instruments also include optional remote control using USB or GPIB interfaces via rear panel connections. The 66200 is packaged in a 2U high, half rack enclosure suitable for benchtop or system integration.
The Model 66201 includes simple measurement functions designed for low power applications (maximum current 2A). Examples of these devices are AC adapters, battery chargers, LCD monitors, and similar devices. Included measurement data is as following :
1. Voltage : Vrms, Vpeak+, Vpeak-
2. Current : Irms, Ipeak+, Ipeak-
3. Power : Watts, Power Factor,
Apparent Power VA,
Reactive Power VAR
4. Current Crest Factor & Frequency
The Model 66202 includes a 2-shunt design to provide highly accurate readings for both low and high current measurements. In addition to the parameters measured by Model 66201, the 66202 includes Inrush current, Total Harmonic Distortion of V/I, and Energy measurements. With these practical functions, the Model 66202 is suitable for the most demanding of R&D and quality control departments.